The LABEN-CHILE Packaging and Packaging Innovation Center of the University of Santiago de Chile, is a non-profit organization, with the aim of contributing to improve the global competitiveness of packaged products, through Research, Development and Innovation (R+D+i), in the area of Packaging and Packaging, providing Integral Solutions, Quality Services that include Food Safety and Safety and Environmental Protection.
LABEN-CHILE directs its activities to both manufacturers and processors of packaging, as well as its users (Food Companies, Beverages, Pharmacies, Cosmetics and Chemicals), offering opportunities to increase their productivity, develop their competitive advantages and modernize and diversify their management, production, and marketing.
Since 2001 LABEN CHILE has been a member of the IAPRI (International Association of Packaging Research Institutes), and has a strong network of international collaboration with important foreign technology entities with a long history in the development of R+D in Food Packaging area, which are:
- FRAUNHOFER, Germany
- ITENE (Institute of Packaging, Transport and Logistics Technology), Spain
- Oregon State University, USA
- ICTP (Institute of Polymer Science and Technology), Spain
- CETEA (Packaging and Packaging Technology Center), Brazil
- IATA (Institute of Agrochemistry and Food Technology), Spain
- Wageningen University, Netherlands
- AgroParisTech (Paris Institute of technology for life, food and environmental sciences), France
- UNICAMP (University of Campinas), Brazil
- WUR Food & Biobased Research (Wageningen University), Netherlands
- Among others.